TAB Player is required by government legislation (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006) to verify the age and identity of all new account applicants within 90 days of opening your account. To help us do this you can:
- Take the necessary ID documents into your local WA TAB Agency (see below for accepted documents); or
- If you are applying from overseas please download, complete and send our Acceptable Referee Form with copies of the identification sighted by the Acceptable Referee.
It's important to verify your identity
It's important to verify your identity and return your signed declaration as quickly as possible to have your account fully activated. This means you will:
- Enable you to make withdrawals from your account;
- Enable you to make a bet at your local TAB Agency;
- Avoid your account being suspended after 90 days from the opening date;
- Avoid your account being suspended if your account balance exceeds $1,000 at any time or deposits in excess of $2,000, including winnings, are made to the account within 90 days from the opening date.
Document Identification Process
Below is a list of documents that can be presented at your local TAB Agency to assist verifying your proof of age and identity (including confirmation of your current address).
Group 1 - Primary documents with photograph
Acceptable documents include: Passport (current or expired within the previous two years), Current Australian Driver's Licence, Proof of Age Card, Working with Children Check.
Group 2 - Primary documents without photograph
Acceptable documents include: Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, Certified Copy of Birth Extract, and current CentreLink Concession Card.
Group 3 - Documents issued within previous 3 months
Acceptable documents include: Council Rates Notice, Electricity Account, Gas Account, Fixed Line Phone Account, Water Usage Account, Water Rates Notice, Australian Taxation Office notice of assessment.
Group 4 - Supplementary Documents
Acceptable documents include: Medicare Card, Australian Bank or Building Society issued Debit Card, Health Insurance Membership Card (e.g. HBF, Medibank), ,Recreation Skippers Ticket. Note, Maritime Security Industry Card, (MSIC), Mailed Bank Statement with Name and Address displayed, Aviation Security ID Card (ASIC), Dangerous Goods Licence, : Credit Cards will not be accepted.
To verify your identity, you can present the following combinations of the above ID documents:
- Any two Group 1 documents; or
- One Group 1 and one Group 2 document; or
- One Group 1 and one Group 3 document; or
- One Group 1 and two Group 4 documents; or
- Any two Group 2 documents
- One Group 2 plus one Group 3 document or two Group 4 documents; or
- Two Group 3 and two Group 4 documents.
As part of the application process, we need you to return a signed declaration, in addition to verifying your identity, to fully verify your account.
You can find the declaration, sign and return to the Customer Management Team by:
- Print the Application Form (PDF) and return to your local TAB Agency, post, fax or email to email@example.com; or
- If you provided an email address with your application, check your emails and print, sign and return the signed declaration; or
- Contact the Customer Management Team on 1300 36 36 88 and they can make alternative arrangements.
We're Here to Help!
You can contact our Customer Management Team on 1300 36 36 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all your account enquiries.